1: Post some young photos of yourself.
2: One word you hate that people label you as
‘Half-Caste’ and ‘exotic’
3: Random thing you've noticed about being mixed race.
People always compare you to each race. They tell you whether you look like more of one, that you look like both or that you look a completely different race/ethnicity altogether.
4: List the races/ ethnicities people most often associate you as being.
·
I once got asked if I was just full European Australian
·
Indian
·
Indigenous Australian
·
Spanish
·
Middle Eastern
·
Native American
I can’t think of one, but something I find strange that my sister and I always experience is being told we look like twins. She is actually 7 years older than me, has completely different features and paler skin. Honestly I think she is more Asian looking than me. She would question that.
6: List the ethnicities you are actually mixed with.
Australian (not actually an ethnicity but I do say this. The ethnicity which my mother has is Scottish mainly, Irish, English and so on.)
Vietnamese (not that this counts as any different, but my father is from the South of Vietnam.)
7: Post some photos of your family (parents, siblings, grandparents, other mixed relatives)
![]() |
| My mother and I |
![]() |
| Sister, me and father |
![]() |
| Father and mother in their young days |
![]() |
| Dad and mum nowadays |
![]() |
| Grandparents on my mother's side and sister |
![]() |
| The huge Vietnamese family- The very pale women at the top is my cousin who is Vietnamese/American and there is my mother, me and my father |
![]() |
| Me playing with the kids |
![]() |
| My sister |
![]() |
| Me and my also half Viet cousin |
![]() |
| Father and my Ba Noi |
8: What makes growing up multiracial different from growing up one race?
Mainly I feel that this life experience has made me extremely accepting of different cultures and allows me to understand very diverse cultures and how they can be brought together.
An experience that made me think about my heritage-
As you can see from my blog post bellow, I went on a pilgrimage to Vietnam, a country I feel strongly connected to. Whilst telling a Vietnamese friend of my father’s about this experience I was going to have my mother pointed out that I’d be the only Vietnamese person there, I could be the translator (which was a bit of a joke). He remarked something that made me question myself and my connection to my Vietnamese side.
“Yeah, but how Vietnamese are you?
His thoughts on me and my culture really shocked me. I began to think of myself not being such an important part of this pilgrimage; that I couldn’t connect to the country on this pilgrimage because I wasn’t Vietnamese enough.
Then I re-thought it over. How dare he imply to me that I’m not THAT Vietnamese and shouldn’t be so excited that I would be the only Vietnamese on this trip? Without half of me I’d be nothing. Half of me is Vietnamese and that doesn’t make me any less of a Vietnamese person than a full Vietnamese person. This is why I feel so strongly against half-caste. It’s not right to call someone of mixed race this because that race makes up a whole of them.
I must also say. I absolutely hate the term exotic because I don’t believe its right to say because you’re mixed you’re exotic. Each country has its own uniqueness and what’s beautiful to one is different in another. I also can name up to 20 half Vietnamese people near where I live, so we’re not uncommon.
9: Three things you love most about your family.
1.
Accepting of all people
2.
They work hard for what they earn
3.
The food, how can you forget the food? Australian and
Asian food. YUM!
10: Favorite hapa celebrity.I have a couple of favourites
Darren Criss, Kelsey Chow (SO PRETTY), Boo Boo Stewart, Maggie Q (of course because she is Vietnamese), Kina Grannis, Karruche Tran, Shay Mitchelll, Kristin Kreuk and Hapa Time
11: When it comes to the opposite gender, is there a certain race you choose?
I can tell you right now honestly I do find mixed Asian guys attractive but I don’t feel you should choose someone over their race. People have asked me whether I like Asian or White guys better and I would say I check White guys out more often. My parents didn’t have the choice of choosing one side of their race, they're completely different races and look what they have now. ME! Haha jks! But in all seriousness- No I do not go for certain race or ethnicity. If you like someone it shouldn’t matter how they look. This sounds cliché but of course it is what’s on the insides that count!
Day 12: Post a current photo of yourself.













This is quite the enlightening post of yours to read hun =) Im full asian myself and I do not generally acknowledge any prejedice or any of their comments too often. Although, I must say I feel very indignant when people DO make note of my race and feel they need to tread on certain subjects more carefully. Race SHOULDNT be an issue but I understand that there are cases where it is. Anyway end-rant :P You and your multi-racial family are beautiful. Keep those icky people out of your life hun. The world is too lovely to let the pack rats in :P :P :P
ReplyDeleteEeli xx
I love sentimental posts like these and the other day i was wondering what nationality you were because i had seen you in some of Jodys photos on fb! The pics of you and your family are cute haha I think i'll give this heritage tag a go however it dont think it'll be as interesting as yours cos you have a nice mix!
ReplyDeletewww.candypop-lamour.blogspot.com
You are too cute! Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog. I hope you visit again! x www.casualglamorous.com
ReplyDeleteThis is such a cool idea, I found it fascinating to read about your ethnicity and the experiences that have come with it <3
ReplyDeletehttp://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/
Interesting! Such wonderful photos :)
ReplyDeletebeautifoul idea!!! lovly baby! great post!
ReplyDeletetake a look on my blog and if you like we can follow each other? (also on fb!)
http://keepintouchwithfashion.blogspot.com/ have a wonderful day… keep in touch
thank you! ♥
ReplyDeletethis post is so lovely, i really liked it! :)
you're really pretty :) love that you did this post. family is def. important in my opinion too - love all the family pics you showed, adorable :D
ReplyDelete-Joyce
www.carouselstreet.com
A great post and a beautiful family!
ReplyDeletex
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com
I loooked at your blog and I love it! I also love that you're so young because I feel like I never see 18 and under blogs. Love your style! :)
ReplyDeletewonderful post, I really enoyed reading!
ReplyDeletehappy holidays!!
fashionableroad.blogspot.com
Fantastic post!!
ReplyDeleteLaur x
Www.betwixlaur.blogspot.com
Cool post!I love the pic of your parents in their young days,looks so cute!
ReplyDeleteAwesome blog dear.beautiful pictures!!
ReplyDeletei'm a follower now.
hope u can take time to share some love
by following me back,xoxox..
http://mitchinheels.blogspot.com/
Mitch<3