19 January 2012

áo dài made in Hoi An



I had been in Vietnam again for the last 3 weeks and am now finally back. This trip was to visit the family for a while as we had not been there since 2008. I spent the first week which included Christmas Eve and Christmas day with my sister in a city called Hoi An which is very touristy and is known for it's dressmaking and shoe making.

I had planned some clothes to get made but something I insisted I must get made was the traditional Vietnamese dress as I haven't had one for years. I had originally planned to get a cotton/silk one made in purple or red but my sister helped me choose this colour. I would have preferred different material and the colour of the pants were supposed to be cream not pink but i'm happy with it.

4 comments:

  1. the second photo is my favourite and I really like your new hair style - very edgy ;)

    Maiken/
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  2. the ao dai looks good on you! :D i remember the days when i wore them to viet dancing lol and yes it was right to go for the short :) it looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dress. It reminded me of pattered chinese dress which looks so simillar to Vietnamese dress. You are beautiful. Shall we follow each other?
    http://fashionbeautybug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute with short hair!! I did that 2 years ago to my hair cos of the same reason LOL my ends were deaddeaddead. Love the ao dai! ( i think thats how you spell it) lol

    www.candypop-lamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave positive opinions bellow, I hope you like my blog and please follow it! I will take a look at your blog too if you ask! ^_^